Important Infomation for Runners
We are very much looking forward to welcoming lots of walkers and runners to the Stonehenge Stomp on Sunday 27th January!
There will be entries on the day – cash or cheque only please.
A few handy tips for the day if you are running:
- RUNNERS – PLEASE DO NOT SET OFF ON YOUR RUN BEFORE 09:15 HOURS as the checkpoints will not be open.
- You will not be timed and no results are collated or published.
- This is not a race and this event does not have a fixed start time; please do not all set off at 9:15am to ensure that congestion up to Checkpoint 1 is minimised.
- In order to reduce waste, cups will not be available at the checkpoints, although water and squash will be. Please either bring your own water bottle or there will be a Stomp reusable squashy cup to buy at the Sports Centre for £3.00.
- Please be aware of walkers on the course and pass them with consideration.
- You must get your pink card stamped at the checkpoints and you must take the appropriate route instructions with you. If it is raining, bring a clear polythene bag to put the instructions in.
- There will be a runners’ briefing this year at 0910 hours, outside the Amesbury Sports Centre.
- If you are retiring from the event before completion, please either let the volunteers at the nearest checkpoint know or call us on the numbers on the route instructions and we will come out and pick you up.
- PLEASE REMEMBER TO CHECK BACK IN at the Sports Centre so we can account for everyone. Check-in desks will not be open before 10:30am.